1. Check the clearance between the retainer and the valve guide at maximum lift.
2. Make sure valve springs do not bind.
3. Check valve to piston clearance.
4. To maximize rocker ratio, run pushrods with ends close to rocker (longer). Do not let pushrod cups bind on rockers at maximum lift.
5. Make sure that valve to valve clearance is O.K. (On overlap)
6. Running the longer adjusters with a slightly shorter pushrod on the intake side will lower the rocker ratio.
7. Under severe loading, the adjusters should be lubricated with a high temperature thread lube, (i.e. Copper Coat, Himite etc.) When Drag Racing, lube the ball and cup every run!
8. Check clearance between spark plug tube and exhaust rocker adjuster. (On early Chrysler engines)